Sunday, January 30, 2011

snow shoeing




Phil and I went on a "cold" date Friday night and went out snowshoeing at Hartman Reserve. It was a free event so we couldn't pass it up.

Sorry for the not so great pictures, they are off Phil's cell phone. But we had a great time and it was quite the hike. Here is what inspired us www.therunnersflat.com There is a video on their homepage. We went down a hill very similar to that but it was a straight shot down, except for a few small tree's. I slid down on my butt and it was so steep that I almost plowed Phil over. I had to grab a tree so I didn't claw him with my shoes. Anyways, it was dark outside so it made for an interesting hike. We ended up all going out on a pond and got to see some stars which was pretty cool. I think there were about 50 people out hiking together. It has inspired me to hopefully take Wendell and Harlie out hiking sometime. Phil volunteered to carry Harlie in the back pack and I think they both would love it as long as we dressed warm.

For some reason, I have just loved this winter. We have been playing outside more than ever and I love hiking/running in the fresh air, even if it's cold. We have made two snowmen, been feeding the birds, sledding, and "digging" in the snow as well.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the winter so much! I have been tolerating it pretty well, but am starting to get sick of it. It seems hard to play outside a lot b/c Lincoln can't do much besides waddle around, even though he wants to do everything Emily does. We haven't been able to make any real snowmen. The snow just doesn't pack well enough. We'll have to see how thing are after this next big storm!

Sarah Craft said...

I have been very curious about snow shoeing! It sounds fun and I'm happy you two had a good time. I agree, this winter has been pretty great... so far.