Thursday, April 21, 2011

warning: lots of self portraits included

I've been thinking about two things I'm hoping to do this summer... I often feel silly and chicken out. So here it is: wear more casual skirts/dresses and hats. Like I said in a previous post, I am very particular about what I wear and I like hats and skirts but I'm not sure I look good in them. So, I did a photo shoot for you this morning, hence the warning.


But first, I have to show you what I bought at Goodwill this past weekend.


These are shorts that I really needed. They are a bit short for me but I decided it was better than nothing and it's hard to find the right length of shorts now adays, either their too short or too long.




And here is a blue jean skirt that I thought I could wear for casual or for church. It's long and flowy but a light weight material so it won't be too hot in the summer.





And last (from Goodwill) is a pair of capri's.




Now on to my hat collection. I have four main hats that I often put on and then take off ten minutes later.

As you can see, I'm not so sure of this first one.



A smile does help... but I think I'll save this one for when I go fishing (another thing on my summer bucket list).


And this blue one I love, love, love. I bought it at Cozumel, Mexico when we went on a cruise with our family a few years ago. I have rarely worn it but it's so cute.. and now that I see a picture, I think it looks cute. So, I vow to wear this more this summer.



This one I bought more for the color, if you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of colors. I might have to wear this one tomorrow in honor of earth day.


And good old UNI.. can't fail.



And this last piece is actually a dress I wore outside last year. It is a strapless dress... the ONLY reason I wore it was because I was in a wedding last year and had to wear a strapless dress. I wore this one outside on occasion to "lay out" and get tan. Since I don't enjoy wearing strapless dresses I thought maybe I could pull it off as a skirt. But I'm not so sure.






Hmmm...



I can't decide.



And this last picture is what my bed looked like when I was done.





Anyways, hope you enjoyed my photo shoot. Do you have any goals or things you want to do this summer?

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Heather, this blog post was so cute and fun. I love your actions and expressions. I say wear what you love! You look great!

charla said...

love love love your photo shoot! you look fantastic! thank you for sharing & specially liked the cruise hat!