Wednesday, May 11, 2011

30's - aging well?

What do the 30's bring?

Well, I didn't notice much until these past few weeks and I'm well into my 30's. I think I've been more achy than usual, I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get a good nights sleep again, I don't think I can see as well when I read as I've been squinting more and I think I'm going deaf as I can't make out mumbo jumbo when people talk to me (especially with little 1 year old background noises).

I know it's inevitable to get old.. but I'm not sure I'm ready. What's next? Menopause? Jiggley body parts? Wetting my pants when I sneeze? Shaking my cane when I yell at people? Falling down stairs and breaking a hip?


** Taking a 180, does anyone know why I can't post to my blog anymore on my laptop? I keep getting a Java void error when I put the cursor over the PUBLISH POST. I can save and then go to my desk top and post but it's a real pain in the hiney. Any thoughts would be great. I think it might have something to do with Phil updating to the newer version of Internet Explorer. Hmm... now we have another granny on the computer. Yep that's me internet man.. can't answer one question about my computer but I love using it.

*** And now I can't resist to tell a funny story (funny to me anyways). So I tried to get on internet the other day (one of those days where I felt my addiction kick in as I was getting a bit jittery when I couldn't get internet to work). Anyways, being the handy woman I am I called the internet people to see if there was a problem. The man nicely asked me if my modem lights where on?... emm.. which one is the modem (as we have a modem and a wireless router). So as I stumbled through that and realized YES the lights are on.. he asks what kind of "system" do I operate on? Hmm... what? So we finally figured that one out as I only had a couple to choose from (Mac Vs. Windows : ) Then he finally figures out it's a problem with our wireless router because when I plug directly into our modem with the lap top, it worked.. meaning it was the wireless router that was the problem (also meaning I could at least check my email, however uncomfortably as I was NOT sitting on my comfy couch with my cordless/wireless laptop). So again, nicely, the man asks what kind of router we have... emm, wireless? No mam.. what brand? Oh.. well it says Netgear. He proceeds to give me their phone number so I can call them. What a nice man! (and all English - sorry pet peeve poke there). So in the mean time, I call Phil and explain my story and he says just to wait until he gets home so he can call Netgear as it would go a little smoother. He comes home a few hours later and takes one look to say, the router is not plugged in. Apparently electrify makes a big difference : ) Ergg.. always remember to make sure it's all plugged in! Your brain that is.. not just electricity. What can I say, I'm getting old : )

** Back to #2, does anyone know why I can't pulish a post on my laptop?

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

{I know it's inevitable to get old.. but I'm not sure I'm ready. What's next? Menopause? Jiggley body parts? Wetting my pants when I sneeze? Shaking my cane when I yell at people? Falling down stairs and breaking a hip?}

That little paragraph made me laugh and laugh! I look at my face in the mirror and see a much older woman now days. Ugh, it even hurts to call myself a woman. In my head I'm still a girl. I have wrinkles, age spots, weirdo freckles, a messed up tummy from having kids, spider veins. I'm lucky to be married.

I'm not sure why you can't post with your laptop. Sorry I can't help you there!