Wednesday, May 4, 2011

favorite summer food

Food.. I love it.. I can't resist, but I do. I am very moody about my food, meaning, I eat whatever I'm in the "mood" to eat. And now that summer is here then I stop making soup and I start making salads. My favorite salads to eat are 3 bean salad, cole slaw, my mom's potato salad, and my step mom's taco and spinach salad. This is the year of tuna salad (I love eating Subcity's tuna salad sandwiches) and now that I know my kids like tuna salad then I will be making it more often (they even ate it with some pickles and purple onions in it!). I also love BLT's. We splurge and buy the $5.00 bacon at Aldi but it is so good.. and it does last us awhile as I only eat one sandwich (2 slices) or wrap at a time. I also LOVE a grilled hamburger with all the fixin's. So this year I plan to eat lots of BLT's and tuna salad sandwiches. So, how about you... what foods do you like to eat in the summer?














1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Hmm... I wish I could say I have a favorite summer food but I don't. I grill a lot more and that is kind of fun. Less mess, maybe? I also love having picnics outside on a blanket. I'm looking forward to popsicles in our wading pool and these homemade frozen fruit cups. They are delicious! So nevermind, I guess I do have some summer favs! :)