Tuesday, May 31, 2011

School is out and summer is here!

Is this what I have to look forward to?

Doesn't he look like a teenager?

Preschool is done for this past school year. It has been a really great year for all of us and we really enjoyed having him at Immanuel Lutheran but I am glad that school is out. I think Phil and I learned more than Wendell, and that is that it's tough having a schedule to follow. Between our work schedules and and school, we were getting tired of running around all the time.
I have this summer to enjoy before I send him off again this fall. Our new schedule will be 5 days a week from 8:30-1pm... that is basically kindergarten. And he will be going to public school so that will be interesting. The first 1/2 of the year will be at Edison and then the second 1/2 will be at the new school that is replacing Black Hawk. I am sad to see him go but I think it will be good for him. I'm hope by the end of the summer I will be ready for him to go back.
It's hard to believe that Wendell had to wear his blue coat and jeans on the last day of school because it was so cold out.
This is what the little shrimp looked like on the first day of school. Here he has short hair, short legs, and smaller feet but the same great smile.

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Wow did he grow up in a year! Enjoy your summer!