Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Olympic distance

So as most of you heard through Facebook, I did it. I signed up for the Olympic distance triathlon at Peregrine Charities in Waterloo at the end of September. It's the same race as last year but a longer version.
Here are the stats..
1500 meter swim (about a mile)
40K bike ride (25 miles)
6.2 mile run
I have already been swimming the 1500 meter at the open water swims this summer and I've been running about 5 miles (close enough to 6).
Now I just need to work on my biking. I have rode about 3 times this summer on the open road and it has been a struggle. My bike has been acting up (breaks and tire pressure) but Phil has done some tuning on it. I think I need to take it in for a real tune up as my breaks keep having issues.
Anyways, I have been debating for about 2 months on what to do and I finally just decided to go for it. My goal: 1. to finish 2. expected time 3 hr. 45 min.
I think after this triathlon I'm going to change it up a bit this winter... maybe take an aerobic class or something.
And.. this will be another attempt at loosing that last 15-20 lbs that is driving me nuts.

No comments: