Friday, July 29, 2011

pre-k at Edison

School starts soon and we just got Wendell's acceptance letter for preschool at Edison. We decided about two months ago that we would send him if he got accepted. For anyone that doesn't know, Edison is the public school across the street. The good news.. it's FREE! So we couldn't really turn that down. The not so great news.. he will be going 4 full days a week. 9am-3:15pm (which is a long day for me to miss my little boy) and it's public school so no more christian education at school. But it works out better for Harlie's nap for him to go all day instead of 1/2 days and at least I still have Wednesday with him at home. I just hope I don't look back some day and ask myself why I sent him so soon. But I know he will like it, it will be good for him, and in the end I will probably enjoy the break myself.



Interestingly, he will also be in dress code like the rest of Waterloo schools so we will need to go shopping soon for some dress pants and polo's. I will also have to decide if he will be eating breakfast at home or school (he's not a big breakfast eater in general) AND if I want to pack a lunch or have him eat school lunch. I'm guessing I will do some of everything but I know I won't be packing a lunch everyday as that seems like a lot of work.



We also found out that 1/2 way through the year he will move to the new school that is the old Black Hawk School. I don't know the name of it right off hand but it will be a new school so that will be good, and it will be the school he'll go to next year for kindergarten. So for 1/2 the year we can walk him across the street and for the other 1/2 we will drive him (which takes about 5 minutes to get there).



I am very pleased with the 9am start time as that is so much easier on us with our work and work out schedule. It looks like we (pre-k) don't start until August 23rd so that's nice.
Anyways, just wanted to keep everyone posted.

No comments: