Tuesday, March 31, 2009

not sure if i'm proud of this

Most of you know that Phil and I have lost some weight in the past year but I thought you might like to see a comparison. So here is a picture of us in August of 2006, I would have been about 5 months pregnant here.



Here is us a couple of weeks ago.. and again, I'm almost 5 months pregnant. (the sun was in our eyes for this picture so I'm a bit squinty; and you might want to note that Phil has the same hat on in both pictures)


So can you tell a difference in 2 years?



Anyways, I'll take a side shot soon so you can see just how my belly is starting to look rolly polly. If you know I'm pregnant then you can tell otherwise you might just think I'm "thick" around the waist. As of this past Sunday I am 20 weeks pregnant so I'm officially half way through!




On another note, we had Phil's parents up two weekends ago and had a nice 3 day visit with them. One of the things we did was go for a walk around a lake. Here are some fun pictures of that.








One last thing, we bought a dresser for Wendell and have priced beds so we're in the beginning stages of getting rooms decorated/moved around. Wendell's room will probably stay were it is but get mostly different furniture, like bed and dresser. Harley/ie/ee will probably be in the other room and will eventually get the crib and dresser that's in Wendell's room now. We found some sticker clings at Walmart and Menards that look pretty cute so we might be using those to decorate. The first step is clearing out the double bed upstairs which will be quite the task. I think Phil is planning to do that this coming weekend. Then change some furniture around, paint, and get some bedding. Now that we have a plan, I think we're both excited to get to work on the task.
Okay, one more thing. We're actually considering putting Wendell in a twin bed sooner than later but not sure I'm convinced yet that I'm ready for that. He still stays in his crib but it's getting harder for me to get him in and out. We've also starting discussing attempting to potty train.. I just read an aricle that has a three day plan of potty training. If Phil is around to help command then I think Wendell will at least sit on the potty, and once he learns what we want then maybe some success?? I think if we do that, we will probably fail but it's kind of nice to try. The article I read said it's best to do it (this plan) before they reach 28 months which is right where Wendell is. Here is the aticle if you are interested. I'll keep you updated on any attempts. http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc
Sorry about the randomness of this long blog, hopefully you've enjoyed something out of it.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

You guys look great! It's nice to see a comparison picture to appreciate all your hard work.

Good luck with the bed switch/potty training. My biggest advice is to go into it with a relaxed attitude and not get discouraged if everything doesn't go according to "plan" b/c heaven knows toddlers have their own "plans"! ;o)

Sarah Craft said...

I agree with Megan...you guys look great!! All that time exercising and eating better really does pay off, eh? Congrats!!