Sunday, March 7, 2010

baptism

Harlianne was baptized today. My parents met us at church and brought this cute little baptismal dress for her. Phil's parents spent the weekend so it was nice to have their company. Harlie and Wendell did pretty good for the short ceremony (we had Wendell stand up with us). I told Phil later, that I was a little sad that I was more concerned with holding/not dropping Harlie (her dress was extra slicky), keeping clothes on straight/pulled down/pulled up, and not tripping myself that I missed most of what Pastor Tim said. So although it was a very meaningful moment... I didn't get to enjoy it that much. I guess that's what video tapes are for... which we did not use. But here is a picture of us all looking our finest (well maybe not Wendell's tongue sticking out). Afterwards, we went out to eat at Texas Road House, one of my favorite restaurants (I had some peanuts, rolls w/ butter, steak, salad, and sweet baked potato and it was YUMMY!) So here is a thanks to God for the baptism, time with family and the delicious lunch afterwards!


1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

You guys looked great up there! I didn't hear/remember a thing when Lincoln got baptized either. I was too worried about Emily throwing a fit or not standing still or picking her nose or something. :op