Monday, March 29, 2010

steak anyone?

After coming off a long work weekend, I planned for us to have our first official BBQ for the year. On Friday I made potato salad and cole slaw with the expectation that the juices would all mix and mingle enhancing the flavor. I cheated and bought canned baked beans (cheap from Aldi's but very tasty) and strawberries (on sale at Wal-mart) which were oh so tasty and just the perfect ripeness and then Phil bought the steak (from Fareway). As we sat down to eat I couldn't resist not taking a picture of this delicious meal. After sitting down, I realized the only thing missing was some kind of roll/bread. Afterwards. we had an errand to run so on our way home we stopped at the usual Mc D's for an ice cream cone. What a way to complete a meal... yum, yum.

Anyways, for any of you who don't know, Phil has almost mastered the art of grilling steak (he is still working on how to keep his medium well while mine continues to cook to well done). He says that his steak competes with Texas Roast House (and I agree). As we were sitting enjoying our meal tonight we discussed the different BBQ foods we like and so far steak and chicken (on the bone) is our favorite. So as you sit and drool over the thought of a perfectly grilled steak, I make an offer. The first person to comment on this post gets a free invite to our house for grilled steak (or chicken if you prefer), our treat. And per my request, Phil has offered to show you how he grills/cooks the meat if you so desire to learn some tips on grilling.

So, what do you like to grill? Any good recipes? What's the oddest/best/worst thing that you ever grilled? : )


3 comments:

charla said...

looks great! do i win an invite? if so i feel like i scratche off the winning lottery ticket!!!!!

charla said...

i hate to grill, but love love grilled food, that is why i want to win this invite, plus i miss ya all so.

Heather's Henhouse said...

And the winner is my mom! (who currently resides in Florida : ) She'll be back soon so it'll be a great welcome home meal. We look forward to it! But I'd still love to see more comments as the grill season begins I'd like some fresh ideas.