Friday, March 19, 2010

help

Do any of you know anyone (preferably a woman in the Cedar Valley) who competes/has competed in triathlons?

I'm looking for some guidance as the date gets closer and closer and would like to actually talk to/email someone instead of looking up info. on the web?

I prefer someone in the Cedar Valley as maybe, they' be willing to actually show me a few things (like how to transition from swim to bike). It'd be neat to have a training partner, someone to bounce ideas off of... who is going through the same thing as me.

So if you do and you don't think they'd mind me contacting them.. feel free to email me. If you don't but have other ideas .. please let me know.

I've looked up some race results from last year, just to get an idea of how long it takes people to do these and there are some women listed on the roster. I'm tempted to look them up in the phone book, but don't want to be too weird so I thought I'd check with you guys first. I'm sure I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who has done one of these, right?

Thanks!

(I'm getting pretty excited... I am confident on the swim and run portion as I'm doing that now; today I swam for 20 minutes and then ran 20 minutes and had plenty of energy to keep going - just not the time. I may be slow but I'm pretty sure I can do this! Now when the weather picks up then I can start biking, yeah!)

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

If you google 'triathlon advice for beginners' you will find dozens of sites with help. Another option is to go into Runner's Flat and talk with them. I know they have been getting into triathlons. I have a friend in Iowa City who would be more than happy to answer questions. And she is a very 'frank' person so she would answer your questions without beating around the bush. Good luck!

Sarah Craft said...

Check this out too...I found it googling 'triathlon beginners guide.'
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Misc/Beginners_Guide_to_Race_Day.htm