Thursday, March 18, 2010

ups and downs of life

Life has so many ups and downs. This morning was not so good, at times my work is really very frustrating for me. I've already seriously looked into transferring and did not find anything I liked. Now, I'm down to nothing and not sure what to do. Either things need to turn around real fast or we're going to have to change things around here. Phil and I have been talking about this for awhile but not sure what the solution is. What's sad is that it's very small things that drive me nuts.. but they all add up to where I feel I can't take it anymore. And it's really only one person that I have a hard time with, not the job itself. Trust me, I've been praying to God, and sometimes I feel like the disciples.. I'm just not getting it. I'm missing something.. I know God didn't promise life to be easy but man, this is tough. And of course, it brings out the worst in me and usually it occurs in the morning; therefore, setting up for a tough rest of the day. Not many of us get off work at 8:30am and say, I need a beer.. well that was me today (don't worry, I didn't actually do it). But I gotta go back tonight.. then I'm off this weekend.

On a good note, I've had the bike trailer/stroller out a few times in the past week and I love it. There have been a few minor hiccups but I love the freedom it gives me. Riding my bike, being outside, taking the kids for a walk, etc. I love it.. and it brings me joy to know that if the weather is nice I can put the kids in and go.. leave the dishes, messy toys, to do list, etc. behind and just go out. It makes for a win win situation for me and the kiddo's.. I'm happy ... they're happy. Yes, I still come home to a mess but at least I feel better and a little more motivated to do it.

On a side note, this week has been interesting for me. I watched two other kids for three days, helping out an old co-worker. Both kids are close to Wendell and Harlie's age so it's been kind of fun. Wendell got an arguemate, I mean playmate and Harlie has been eyeing the 10 month old boy that's here, mostly just smiling when she sees him. Today is my last day and amazingly naps and meal times went fairly smoothly (I can say that now that I'm almost done watching them). I thought it would be stressful but it has gone really well.. not that I'm signing up to do this regularly but I'm just thankful that part of my week has gone smoothly.

With the extra spending money, I'm planning to go get some icecream tonight. Dairy Queen, here I come! Yep, no beer for me.. I'm an icecream kind of girl.

3 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning goes better. It sounds like it may be a long road to better, though. I'll keep you in my prayers, too.

Julie Ulven said...

Sometimes it gets worse right before it gets better. So maybe, just maybe it is about to get better. I hope to get our bike trailer out soon. As soon as I get my bike in for repair.......

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I hope things start looking up or another door opens for you regarding work. That can be so discouraging. At least the sunshine gives us all something to smile about!