Monday, October 25, 2010

on the mend.. and off to more exciting things

I'm happy to say that I think we are on the mend. After my last depressing post, I am happy to report that I think Harlie is teething. I feel bad as I think it's been rough on her but at least it's not contagious so we can get out of the house to get some fresh air.

So we were VERY happy to get out to our good friend Mieke's birthday party on Saturday. The theme was pirates and princesses so here we are in our best last minute costumes. Wendell was a little unsure as he was worried as he told me that "people will laugh at me". Interesting comment, where did this come from? So I had to put a mustache on myself as well but self consciously wiped it off before getting to the party... was that wrong of me? I debated in my head what to do and in the end wiped it off.. because I didn't want people to laugh at me. Please note: I was NOT dressed up like a pirate before you judge my decision.






















So onto other exciting things! Like carving pumpkins.. personally, I love carving pumpkins and so does Wendell. Although I did most of the cutting and digging out, he loved helping me design, watching me work, and (taking pictures of) the finished product.
























1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

I LOVED Wendell's costume! You did a great job and he looked so cute. Very Johnny Deppish!