Wednesday, December 29, 2010

facebook and a few random thoughts

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm on facebook now. It's more for my family who is addicted and continued to harass me until I finally decided to cave... so in case you're interested you can request to "be my friend". I just posted a very corny video I made of Wendell and me on youtube which is attached to my facebook page. So here I am going all technical on everyone... I hope I don't start texting on a regular basis... that will be the end of me.



Anyways.. the new year is coming. Have you thought of your goals for the next year? Me neither but I do think it's a good idea to reflect on the past year and to think of what's coming. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing at least one if not two triathlons next year. I didn't think I could do a sprint triathlon and it was actually pretty easy.. so now I wonder if I should challenge myself to a olympic distance? I'm not a person to want to go faster so improving my time just doesn't really motivate me. It might depend on schedules as I don't plan to spend my whole summer training for a race. I do have another goal to drag one person along to a 5k to kick start them into exercising and then another person to a triathlon. I have some people in mind for each but neither has fully committed... plus it's a ways off to think about. Spiritually? I need to think of that one.. I think a good place to start exploring my "issues" and trying to tackle them. Like my disappointment with God.. and continue to read and learn from the book I've been reading. I hate when I complain about the same things over and over; and when I become a stereotype. So I guess I might be working on that... becoming the opposite of certain areas. One example of that is that I don't want to be a "nag" to my husband but I also want and need him to fulfill his duties around the house. So we need to find a balance with that.. but in the end, I don't want to be that stereotype.



One last thought. Today is another Turkey day. Yep, I'm roasting another turkey. I even got a giant roaster pan last night from Target so I'm excited to see what happens. Then I'm making a dinner for a family Christmas that is on Friday. I'm also making homemade caramel out of sweet and condensed milk. Yum, Yum! I'll let you know how it all turns out.



See you on facebook and Happy New Year!

No comments: