Friday, December 24, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Wow... I'm not sure how much snow we have but.. it's A LOT! So since it was warm (or should I say not freezing cold) outside, I took the kids outside to play. Harlie is still a little unsure of what she likes.. one minute she likes the sled and the next she doesn't. One thing for sure is she doesn't like doing a face plant in the snow. Wendell however, love, love, LOVES the snow! He likes to sled, "dig", or just watch life go on outside (like plowing, talking to neighbors, or the snow blower down the road). Luckily, our neighbor has a plow and he plows our alleyway which creates this mini mountain in our back yard, perfect for sledding or looking around like you're at the top of the mountain. So here are some pictures of our fun today.


















On a more important note, today is Christmas Eve and the time of year has come to celebrate Jesus' birthday. Yep, that's how we say it around here. Recently I have been reading a book called "Disappointment With God" and I'm reading about how all through history there has been disappointment with God. In the Old Testament there always seems to be a barrier between a Holy God and very unholy people. After many years of silence from God, something very special happened, Jesus was born... so why is that special? Because for the first time God put on human skin. Jesus as a baby meant God felt the cries, pain, hunger, and even disappointment himself just like a human. I don't know how the book will end but for the next few days I hope to think about Jesus and how his birth and life can help me learn about my own disappointment with God. Anyways, great book... good thoughts. I hope all of you take a moment to reflect on Jesus' birthday and what makes it special to you. So I leave you with a jingle mix: Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jesus! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! : ) Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: