Friday, January 13, 2012

be calm

I just thought I'd share a game plan I have the next time I have a 'hot moment'.  I have found in the past few months that dealing with my work has been a challenge, then of course, the normal being a mom of young kids is a challenge, and with baby #3 on the way I fully expect these challenges or 'hot moments' to increase.

Anyways, I have I have a game plan for next time this happens.

I am going to create myself a 'be calm' (Be calm - a tool a lady at work uses, it's head phones with relaxing music that she is suppose to listen to, to help her 'be calm') using our IPOD.  I need to buy some headphones - the size of earmuffs to go with it.

I am going to put this Psalm (see below) on it (in bold), and me reading my own written Psalm (in italics); then some music. 

Maybe I can teach the kids that when mommy has these headphones on.. leave her alone : )

Maybe I can learn to 'be calm' during the chaos.

Maybe I'll add a little Alanis Morissette in.. as she helps me vent some anger.



Psalm 70:

Hasten, O God, to save me;
                                                        

Hurry, God to save me;

O Lord, come quickly to help me. 
Oh Lord, come quickly to help me.

May those who seek my life                                                          

May my sinful self (anger/lack of control)

be put to shame and confusion; 
be put to shame and confusion;

may all who desire my ruin                                                           

may Satan and my sin

be turned back in disgrace.   

be turned back to disgrace.

May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"                                                        

May those thoughts, emotions, desires

turn back because of their shame. 
turn back because of their shame.

But may all who seek you                                                       

But may all who seek you

rejoice and be glad in you;  
rejoice and be glad in you;

may those who love your salvation always say,                                                      

may those who love your salvation always say,

"let God be exalted!"                                                     

"let God rule over all of us especially me, right now!"

Yet I am poor and needy;                                                     

Yet I am weak and needy

come quickly to me, O God.
come quickly to me, O God.

You are my help and my deliverer;                                                     

You are my helper, I surrender to you

O lord, do not delay.  
O Lord, do not delay.

No comments: