Saturday, January 21, 2012

why I blog

I just want to clarify that Phil was not talking about anyone I know in particular; it was more the ones he reads about athletes.  My question was more to help me figure out why I blog as I feel like my blog is an assortment of thoughts.  Sometimes I feel like I need a purpose but that purpose might be to just be me.  I have a lot of thoughts to get out and this is one way of doing it without yakking to my husband all night long and emailing lots of pictures/stories to my family.  I think often I judge how I'm blogging by the comments I get but I shouldn't do that.  I am doing this for myself and any family or friends who want to join me; and it's whatever I want to say/do.  So I will write what I want because this is my blog : ) but I do appreciate all of you and your comments!

I think we all go through moments of questioning why we do blogging, facebook, etc. And this has been an ongoing moment/thought for me.  I think I just need to remember that this blog is whatever I want it to be, even if it's an assortment of thoughts, pictures or stories.. as long as it's God honoring.

I just hope that someone, other than myself, is enjoying it or getting something out of it in the process.

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

I blogged first for a friend who lived back in southern illinois as a way to keep in touch. then I blogged for my dad...he lived for it...but now he is gone and I am not so excited about it...but I try to blog at least once a month to keep it up..and well MIeke went from saying and doing cute things to being sassy...less appealing to whine about your kid on the blog.