Monday, January 9, 2012

My 34th birthday!

A lot of people say your birthday is just another year.. but this year I decided no.. this is one day I get to celebrate me, what I want, and what would make me happy.  So for a few weeks I thought about what would really make ME happy. 

Here was my list:

1. Scratch cupcakes (we sampled 5 different cakes - I think vanilla was my favorite)
2. a  walking critter balloon from HyVee (see Melvin below)
yep, for me, not the kids
3. presents of course!
I got walkie talkies, a puzzle, and fun socks.
4. 'dates' with friends
I was going to do a group thing but decided just to just pick a couple of friends to meet with 1:1 (no kids!)
5. out to eat at Pizza Ranch with my family
next time we are going to Subcity (maybe another date with a friend : ) 

** then a few other random fun pictures from this year







Phil played trombone in high school and college (1 yr)

Wendell saw the case in the basement and couldn't resist.

Harlie also took a shot at it.

I'm not kidding, trains are taking over our house.

I finally got Phil's blessing to cut some bangs. 
Isn't she adorable?

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

I am SO far behind on reading blogs. I think it's been a month. Anyway, it sounds like you've been having a fabulous time with everyone. Happy belated birthday, Heather!

charla said...

Love the pics! Little gem is absolutely adorable with bangs!