Thursday, January 19, 2012

why blog?

About 6 months ago Phil commented on some peoples blogs (no one in particular).. he said some were saying 'look at me, look at me'.  I asked him if my blog was like that and he said 'no' of course.  But I have been pondering this since he asked.  Why do I blog?  What is the purpose?  I know the pictures and stories are to share with close family and friends... as I'm not ready to post too many on facebook.  But why do I blog other stuff?   I don't know.  Is there really a point?  Does anyone care/listen? I don't know.  I guess it's my way of getting my thoughts out.  Maybe I'm a thinker looking for another thinker to help me ponder life.  Odd, yes.  But maybe that is why?

So I thought I'd throw out the question, why do you blog? (or post on facebook?)

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Was it me??? :( JK. I blog b/c I wanted to be a scrapbooker and it never happened. It's my scrapbook to remember all the fun things we do around here- and all the funny things the kids do. I put too many pictures on, but our computer crashed long ago and I lost all of Boaz's first year of life- pictures & video- except for what was on the blog... now I put everything on there!! (and we back up our computer!) Hope you are well!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I also blog to scrapbook. I realize some of it is bragging, but I figure that's a privilege you get as a blogger. If people don't like it, they don't have to read it! It is also a way to share our daily life with family & friends. I've also said before that it's my hobby and outlet. I think it's a great way to solicit feedback from friends.

Sarah Craft said...

I started blogging to keep distant family up to date on Kate, and then CJ. Over time blogging has become kind of a fun outlet for me to share pictures and thoughts. I like to hear feedback from friends and I've received kind comments from people at church saying that reading my blog reminds them of when their kids were little. I feel like blogging has forced me to take more pictures of the girls too. Megan is right, if a person doesn't like what is on my blog then they don't have to read it. For now, blogging has been great.

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I also agree with Sarah. Blogging has helped remind me to take more pictures of the kids AND to get them downloaded and labeled in a timely fashion. Otherwise they'd get lost in the abyss that most pictures do.