Thursday, November 10, 2011

clothing designer?

Ever had a problem that wasn't going away.. so you think of creative ways to solve that problem.  Then you realize (as I often do) they don't make what you want.  Ergg...

Problem: my legs get cold when I go to work at night time
while the rest of me is bundled up nice and warm 

(And I'm not a big fan of those really, really long coats)

(and I wanted something really easy to get on and off, especially over boots)

Solution: sweat/blanket skirt 

Am I crazy? yep
Do I like it? yep
Is it warm? yep (double layer of fabric : )
Do I really care what kind of fashion statement I make at 10pm when I drive to work? not really
Do I like being warm and toasty? yep



I think I have missed my calling as a fashion designer.  : )

Kind of wished it matched my coat (but it was out of my tub of extra fabric down in the basement = free).  If I decide I really like and will use it, maybe I'll go buy some material to match my coat and actually sew the edges together so it looks a little nicer.

Can't wait to try it out when I work tonight! 

2 comments:

Julie Ulven said...

You crack me up! Ha, ha, ha. The trick to staying warm top and bottom is to have the same type and amount of layers top and bottom. You have the right idea. Or maybe just an extra large pair of men's fleece jammie pants would work?

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Very impressive and creative!