Monday, November 28, 2011

Jesus CEO day 3

The chapter again was simply put... we all answer to someone whether you are 2, 4 or 33.  Jesus, being our perfect leader, also answered to someone - that is God.

Q #1. Do you know who your boss is?

They also talk about a food chain and ask Q #2. what is your food chain? 

God/Jesus
  |
Phil
  |
Heather
  |
Wendell/Harlie

Some thoughts on that question are:
  • it's very hard for me to submit to anyone, sometimes God included.  The other day I asked Phil if he thinks I submit to him and he said something like.."when you want to". And he is correct.. and that also goes for God.  When I want to it's easy.. when I don't want to, it's hard, very hard. 
  • It also makes me think of certain family members who think I should submit to them but now that I'm adult, I don't have to.  I should respect all people but that does not mean I have to do what they say/suggest (and they should respect that in return). 
  • I recently had a meeting with my boss.. the big boss above my boss.  And we talked about somethings that happened this past summer at work.  Right now I am processing this submission as well.  I don't want to go into detail but I have to remember that it's always a learning process.
  • Submission reminds me of a teenager.  "I don't want to!" "Why?!"   "Whatever.."  Sometimes I have that attitude...  so when I think like that I need to stop and think about the food chain.  There's a little saying out there that says "God has a plan, and it's better than mine".  I need to remind myself of that even when I don't feel it's true. 
I think there are some deeper issues when it comes to submission, but I haven't figured it out.  Any ideas?


Q #3 - how regularly do you communicate with your boss?  Well when it comes to God, I try to have some 1:1 time daily.  Sometimes it's nice and friendly, sometimes I'm a teenager, sometimes I am so full of joy and peace that I get a glimpse of heaven.

No comments: