Monday, November 28, 2011

nature hike

Every year, I put on our summer bucket list to go on a nature walk.  I love going out in the woods but sometimes it makes me nervous if I go alone.   But this past Saturday we loaded up Phil's bike and took off to check out a new park in Cedar Falls.  We'd never heard of it but it's called Ulrich and is located on the Northwest side of town.  So we took off and discovered a fun little park that is nothing but woods and some rail road tracks.







We even packed a picnic and ate in the 48 degree weather, outside on a blanket.  And as you can see I took my camera but it quit working towards the end... it's getting old. 

This gets us excited for next summer (or maybe the next one) as Phil and I are thinking about doing an Xterra race which is a triathlon - but the bike and run is on dirt trails instead of paved.  Before kids, Phil and I used to ride dirt paths at George Wyth and loved it but for some reason we quit.  Now the flame has been ignited to do a different kind of crazy race.  There is only one race in Iowa a year and that is at Sugar Bottom near North Liberty.  I'm not sure what this next summer will bring but it's something to think about... if not this summer (due to adding baby #3), then next summer. 

1 comment:

charla said...

Would love to be at the sugar bottom race as that is one of my fav places