Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

On the drive to our big feast on Thanksgiving day we decided to take a moment to write down what we're thankful for.  I had my list, Phil had his (he was also driving at the same time so maybe a little distracted) and we attempted one with the kids. 




Wendell's answer was "hugs".  Aww.. how sweet. 

Some of my answers kind of surprised me:
1. having a good mother-in-law
4. my home
5. MMO/my church

When you really sit down and think about what you're truly thankful for, it's hard to really pick which one is your #1 pick.  A lot of it also depends on the day, the moment, or the past year.

Since the kids couldn't really answer an open question then we played a little game called... would you rather A or B.  We took their favorites and made them choose. 

So Wendell, would you rather watch tv or play computer games
.... eat cottage cheese or mac-n-cheese?
..... wear flip flops or boots?  

How about Harlie, would you rather see an airplane or bird (looking out the window)?
... eat or watch tv?
drink juice or chocolate milk?
read mommy's book or Harlie's book (she loves to pretend she's reading my books)?

It turned out to be a very fun game and it helped with the long car ride.  It also felt good in the soul to know that we know our kids.   We know what makes them happy and usually work to make that happen, within reason. 

So I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and were able to take a moment to reflect on your blessings!

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Fun idea, Heather! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.